Parenting Info & Links
This section lists a range of services available to parents and their children that may help during the sometimes difficult teenage years. A range of issues are covered including alcohol, drugs, relationships, mental health, bullying, and sexual health.
Helpful Website Addresses For Parents And Caregivers
Alcohol And Other Drugs:
- Drug Aware - https://drugaware.com.au/. Access to the Alcohol and Drug Support Line (08) 9442 5000 which is a statewide 24 hour confidential telephone counselling service for anyone seeking help for their own or another person’s alcohol or drug use.
- Alcohol Think Again - http://alcoholthinkagain.com.au/Parents-Young-People. Access to the Alcohol and Drug Support Line (08) 9442 5000 which is a statewide 24 hour confidential telephone counselling service for anyone seeking help for their own or another person’s alcohol or drug use.
- Parent and Family Drug Support Line - https://www.mhc.wa.gov.au/about-us/our-services/alcohol-and-drug-support-service/parent-and-family-drug-support-line - a confidential, 24 hour telephone counselling, information and referral service for anyone concerned about a loved one’s alcohol or drug use.
- Holyoake- www.holyoake.org.au Provides a service for individuals, youth and family to address issues around alcohol and other drug use.
- Drug Arm WA- www.drugarmwa.org.au Provides counselling to individuals and families.
- Headspace- https://headspace.org.au/ Youth services for young people aged between 12-25. Young people can access information and support to address a range of issues including mental health, drug and alcohol, sex and sexuality and family and relationships.
- Anglicare WA- Youth Crisis Accomodation Services- www.anglicarewa.org.au Provides a range of services for children, youth and families including crisis accommodation, education and support.
Centrecare - www.centrecare.com.au - provides counselling, support and mediation for children, youth and families. Specific services include Youth Outreach Intensive Support Service (10-18 year olds) and Parent Teen link (10-21).
Mercy Reconnect - www.mercygroup.com.au - provides free mediation between young people and parents.
Relationships Australia - www.relationships.com.au - provides counselling for children, adults and families on a variety of issues.
Communicare - www.communicare.org.au - provides family support, education, practical assistance and counselling.
Respectful Relationships - http://www.theline.org.au/
- Relationships Australia - regularly run a number of patenting courses, view all courses running in Term 3 2018 by viewing the PDF here.
- Autism Spectrum Australia- www.autismspectrum.org.au - Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is Australia’s largest service provider for people on the autism spectrum. Our specialised, evidence informed schools program is one of the largest in the world, with additional services that include information and advice, diagnostic assessments, behaviour support, parent and family support, and adult programs. We share evidence-informed Aspect practice and applied research nationwide.
- Raising Children- https://raisingchildren.net.au - Early teenage relationships often involve exploring physical intimacy and sexual feelings. You might not feel ready for this, but you have an important role in guiding and supporting your child through this important developmental stage.
Reach Out - www.reachout.com.au - provides information to young people about a range of issues.
Youth Beyond Blue - www.youthbeyondblue.com - Information for young people and their parents about mental health.
Kinetica Performing Arts-www.kineticacdt.com.au - Kinetica's aim is to provide an environment for talented local artists to train, collaborate and produce new works. Kinetica's Circus School provides training for both youth and adults, catering for beginner to advanced skill levels.
Kidsmatter- www.kidsmatter.edu.au - KidsMatter is an Australian mental health and well-being initiative set in primary schools and early childhood education and care services (like preschools, kindergartens and day care centres).